This is an epic way to use my Ancho Chili Sauce. It was my first, and still favorite application for the sauce. Purchase any cheap roasting cut of beef, I use a chuck roast here. Get the best peaches you can, preferably from a local orchard or farmer’s market. Make it for yourself or cheaply feed an entire party! The tangy Ancho Chili sauce and the peaches are the PERFECT combination in this legendary taco.
Ancho Chili Braised Beef and Peach Tacos
Recipe by Sam Addison
- 2 lb chuck roast (you can buy ANY roasting beef, as small or a big as you want, any size or weight is fine as long as your meat is at least 1 inch thick)
- Ancho Chili Sauce -My recipe of course! (you will simply need enough to nearly cover the meat in a casserole dish)
- 1 Tbs Canola or Vegetable oil
- Soft flour tortillas (small taco size)
- Peach Salsa- My recipe of course!
Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
Take out your meat and cut it into large chunks. Add a bit of salt to all sides of the meat.
Put a large saute pan or Dutch Oven on the stove over medium high heat. Once the pan is VERY hot, add the oil. Wait about 20 seconds and put your meat in the pan to sear. Stay by the stove and turn meat to brown on all sides. This should only take 2-4 minutes.
Once meat is browned, transfer to a casserole dish or other oven friendly dish. If you have a dutch oven, you can sear and braise you meat in the same dish. Pour in enough of your Ancho Chili Sauce to almost cover your meat
Now, cover your dish tightly and put it into the oven for 3.5-4 hours, gently stirring every hour or so. Make your Peach Salsa when the meat is nearly finished. The beef is done when you can easily pull it apart with a fork.
Now get your Peach Salsa and tortillas ready. Assemble you epic tacos and Devour Happily.